Life in the Hallway

Have you ever felt like you are living your life in the hallway? One door shut but the next one remains unopened. You are still waiting, and it's getting to be a little much just waiting in the Hallway. 

But what's the alternative? Do you just bust down a door of your own choosing? The one that looks the shiniest? The richest? The most fun? The most convenient?  Why wait? Why not just make it all happen now?  If God really loved me why wouldn't He want to see me happy? 

“And I am certain that God, who began the good work within you, will continue his work until it is finally finished on the day when Christ Jesus returns.”  Philippians‬ ‭1:6‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Here's the thing, this place, the hallway isn't the finish line. The other side of that door isn't even the finish line. I won't arrive until I finish my days on this earth. 

No matter how far along the journey, this still continues to be just another part of the journey and I still need to keep on keeping on. I can't slow down, I can't give up. 

But I'm not alone in this.  Jesus is here with me, working on me. When I can't see Him, He's right behind me, supporting me, holding me up. He promises to never leave me, and He never breaks His promises. 

So I can hate the Hallway or I can love the Hallway, it's my choice. My attitude is up to me. 

Breaking down a door of my choosing will only lead to trouble. I don't need that. 

Trusting Jesus to open the next door, which one and when, that is what I choose. In the mean time I choose to praise Him and dance. 

Excuse me while I put on my dancing shoes. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Long Time Coming